Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Burgh of St Monans and Abercrombie Community Council held on Monday 17th April 2017 at 7.30pm.
Peter Copeland (Chairperson),V Salvage (Vice Chairperson), P Peddie (Treasurer), W Buchan, V Bland, B Allan, E Hughes, W Porteous, M Ashworth, Cllr D McGregor, Cllr E Riches, Cllr J Docherty. PC Elder.
7 members of the public
1 Welcome and Apologies: E Porteous.
2 Declaration of Interest: None.
3 Matters Arising:
3.1 (3.1, 4) MUGA W Buchan reported that the opening went very well. School children did well. Willie Rennie opened MUGA and everyone enjoyed refreshments at the Bowling Club afterwards. 3.2(3.4,5) Dog Fowling Cllr J Docherty contacted Community Safety Partnership to talk to the school children. People reported that they thought the problem was not as bad at the moment in light nights. 3.3(3.4,7) Abercrombie Potholes. Still trying to get them filled. 3.4(3.5,8) Plerick Railings. Cllr E Riches thinks they might be made. 3.5(3.6,9) Abandoned Cars. Hope Place Car Park. P Copeland notified the police but they said it wasn’t there department. Fife Council have stuck stickers on it and it is in their hands. 3.6(3.8,11) Traffic at Mini Market. Double Yellow Lines extended but not much difference with the parking. Cllr E Riches said bollards are ment to be put in place at Scottish Fuels corner. 3.7(3.10,13) Harbour Smell. Seaweed has been removed. Drains to be cleaned eventually at harbour and Inverie Street in there routine. 3.8(3.11,14) Church path seaweed. Not as bad as there have been no high tides.
3.9(5) Minutes are now forwarded to Beth Flynn at Fife Council. 3.10(7.1) Street Sweepers. Streets not swept. 3.11(8.1) Beach Clean. M Ashworth confirmed that details had been sent to the council to request a skip, pickers and bags. The forklift is organised and Vicki is going to do posters. 3.12(8.2) Sunday School Coffee Morning well supported and £450 raised. Thanks to everyone who attended. 3.13(8.3) Hawthorn trees. Trees planted at Windmill have been stolen. W Porteous met with Ian Barbour regarding planting. Ian Barbour was not sure he would give permission for planting at the bus stop. Unfortunately the bare root trees have died. 3.14(8.5) Offroad Motorcycles and Quad Bikes. PC Elder reported that the trail bike that did damage to the MUGA has been attended to and is being resolved by Youth Justice. Quad bikes on coastal path is being dealt with by Lindsay Kerr and Deirdre Munro from the countryside rangers. A lady walking her dog had been challenged by the riders and told her they knew where she lived. No landlord has given permission for the riders to use any land. PC Elder reported fence damage at Abercrombie Farm with no diver owning up to the damage. Accident at the Taft Hill and problems on the double bends with cars overtaking. Members of the public reported to PC Elder that the staff in the Post Office are having problems with residents from Johnson Close and East Street. The staff handled it well but it could be intimidating. PC Elder said this is the first of her hearing of it and encouraged people to report offences.
3.15(8.7) Cars parked on pavements. Cllr J Docherty to follow it up. A question was asked if you could take a picture of the car but no one knew and PC Elder had left. Equality Act access for prams or mobility scooters or Public Sector Quality of Duty. Millar Terrace is a problem of area for parked cars. 3.16(8.8) Beautiful St Monans. Positive comments have been given about the bulbs and tubs planted. 3 tubs have been removed from the West End. 1 has been repositioned at the public toilets. A lady is going to pay for a tub at Hope Place. Work was done on the shore area before the Easter weekend. The team is working well. Information boards for the Salt Pans are with Twin Landscapes and the work should be done soon. J Braid garden looking good due to Brenda Allans hard work. Coast Watch John Kinsman is looking for people to vote for him on mybuilder.com and could win £1000 for the area. Google mybuilder john kinsman. 3.17(8.10) Willow trees planted on Braes. Unfortunately the council workers pulled the trees out before Cllr E Riches got them told to leave them.
Previous Minutes Approved: Proposer P Peddie. Seconder V Salvage
4 Chairperson’s Report. P Copeland thanked Cllr E Riches and Cllr D McGregor for their tireless work on our behalf. Everyone gave a round of applause. Cllr D McGregor said he had enjoyed this time and mentioned the work over planning for the Gap and OFT. Cllr E Riches said it was an honour to represent everyone and she had made good friends and enjoyed working with the public.
5 Secretary’s Report. P Copeland informed people about an email giving information about an application for Penelope Keith to visit if your village gets selected. Members agreed to put in an application.
6 Treasurers Report. P Peddie said not much change only 2 cheques written. End of Year 31st March 2017 so will get books together for next meeting.
7 Planning. 24 Station Road. The owner of the property was present. Discussion was had about the application to build a sun room at the rear of the property. The path at the side of the house is owner by Baron of Vipriana and the owner of 24 Station Road had no luck in contacting him. Suggestions were made on ways forward with this. People encouraged to put planning comments on Fife Council Planning website.
8 Public Questions. Member of public reported no water at the cemetery. The work at the bottom of the Dawsie has stopped as there is no planning permission. The person involved is trying to get retrospective planning.
9 AOCB M Ashworth reported that they had a fence damaged and the driver had left the scene. She also reported cars overtaking on the double bends heading down the hill from Abercrombie to Pittenweem. She had nearly been hit on Saturday but if it had been a cyclist there could have been a nasty accident. B Allan asked councillors if there was a shortage of binmen and the driver is having to help. The bins were not collected on Friday and only got emptied on Monday. V Salvage reported that Cellardyke had a carved wooden Puffin stolen. If anyone knows anything please let her know. V Bland’s raffle raised £140 for MacMillan Cancer. Cllr E Riches had photos of trees that someone is applying to get permission to cut down at the Plerick and in a garden. Many members felt they could not comment as they knew the people involved. It was decided to get Fife Council to see how safe they were and discuss it after the report is done. Some people feel the trees add visual value to the village.
Date of Next Meeting 15th May 2017 at Mayview Hotel 7.30pm. Amended from date of 22 May 2017 mentioned at the meeting.