There are currently have two vacancies on our Community Council!
If you are a resident within the St Monans & Abercrombie ward and would like to help take practical action in the interests of the communities of both villages, why not consider applying?
What does the Community Council do?
- Community Councils are established throughout Scotland to ascertain, co-ordinate and express the views of their communities to both the local and public authorities. Community Councils are encouraged to promote community participation and a sense of community spirit within their village or town.
- Every Community Councillor is a volunteer who has been voted onto the Community Council and are not paid for their work.
What is the time commitment?
- We currently meet ten times per year (July and December are holiday months) usually on the third Monday of the month at 7.30pm.
- The next election for the entire Community Council will be in October 2023.
- We hope to fill the vacancy at the next meeting of the Community Council on Monday 18 April.
How to apply?
- Candidates can register their interest in standing with either the Chair, Vicki Salvage (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Secretary, Stuart Bridges, up until 12 noon on Monday 18 April. You need to be 16 years or over and be on the electoral role. Candidates will be able to address the meeting if they wish or send in a short summary about themselves. A secret ballot will be taken at the meeting by the Community Councillors.
- If you want to discuss the work of the Community Council in more detail, please feel free to contact any Community Councillor.
- Alternatively, please email us at: email@example.com