ST. MONANS AND ABERCROMBIE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minute of the ordinary general meeting held in the Church Hall, Station Road on Monday 16th October 2023 at 7.30 pm
|Present:||Marjory Ashworth (Chair), Eileen Montador (Secretary), David Robertson (Treasurer), Niamh Syme (Social Media), Diane Martin (Minute Secretary), Cllr Sean Dillon.|
|Apologies:||Morven Syme, Cllr Fiona Corps, Cllr Alycia Hayes.|
|Members of the public: 8|
|Welcome and apologies. Cllr Sean Dillon welcomed everyone to the meeting and explained that he would be chairing the meeting initially. Apologies were received and recorded.|
|1. Election of new committee posts |
Chair Marjory Ashworth was proposed by Eileen Montador and seconded by David Robertson. The proposal was accepted by Marjory.
Secretary Eileen Montador was proposed by Niamh Syme and seconded by David Robertson. The proposal was accepted by Eileen.
Treasurer David Robertson was proposed by Eileen Montador and seconded by Niamh Syme. The proposal was accepted by David.
Social Media Niamh Syme was proposed by David Robertson and seconded by Eileen Montador. The proposal was accepted by Niamh.
Vice Chair This position currently remains open.
|2. Introduction by new Chair |
Cllr Dillon passed over the Chair to the new Chair M Ashworth. Mrs Ashworth and the other new committee members each introduced themselves to the meeting, outlining their background and links with the community of St. Monans and Abercrombie.
Meetings will continue to take place on the third Monday evening of each month, with the exception of July and December. Meetings provide a warm space from 7pm, with business commencing at 7.30pm.
Billy Morris would like to be co-opted onto the committee to provide a link with the Heritage Rooms. It would be appreciated if a named person from the Floral Group could also be co-opted onto the committee to provide a link with the Community Council. It is proposed that, in January, representatives from interested groups e.g., Heritage, Floral, Sea Queen etc. would provide a short report to the Community Council to keep everyone appropriately informed.
|3. Previous Minutes and Matters Arising |
1 Memorial Garden – M Ashworth to attach details (historic story) to the October minute.
2 Funding for path reinstatement – Morven Syme not present to provide an update.
9 Repair of bench at J Braid Garden – repaired this week.
9 Hope Place kerb – repaired within days of last meeting.
9 23 Braehead – Fife Planning has been advised and will be looking into this.
2 Right of way between Station Road and Braehead – facts detailed in the August minute were considered an accurate record of what was said at the meeting. However, there was a correction to the August minute which was detailed in the September minute under point 2.
The August minutes were subsequently proposed by Eileen Montador and seconded by David Robertson.
The September minutes were proposed by David Robertson and seconded by Niamh Syme.
|4. Members’ reports|
Eileen Montador, Secretary
A member of the public discussed the provision of CCTV (point 4 of September minute). It was suggested that this could be located on Station Road around Top Shop/Bass Rock business park. Cllr Dillon to look into this.
David Robertson, Treasurer
Member of the public asked about the path adjacent to the old manse/new houses – will it be extended to Queen Margaret Street? Cllr Dillon advised that he has a meeting about this on Thursday.
|5. Councillor report|
– Meeting regarding grass cutting has been postponed.
– Meeting regarding the path beside the old manse will take place on Thursday.
– Reports of lighting issues on Hope Place/George Terrace – Scottish Power to investigate this w/c 23rd October.
– Short term let control zones – going to the cabinet committee for consideration in November.
– Sign for the East Neuk – all Community Councils unanimous about the use of the ‘Fisher Lass’ image
|6. Public Questions |
– Top of West End – grass is grown over/tree branch hanging over/gully tarred over – Cllr Dillon to look into this.
– Hedge at the Bowling Green needs cut – Cllr Dillon to look into this.
– Autumn Club applied last year for £500 funding from the Common Good Fund but has heard nothing. Cllr Dillon to investigate. M Ashworth to speak to Billy Morris.
– Re path at Station Road/Braehead – will this still be looked into as it has historic interest? Cllr Dillon advised that Planning will not be taking this further. There was a discussion regarding what has taken place. Fife Council do not have money to assist here. Morven Syme of the CC is investigating funding options from ‘Scots Way’ to reinstate the path.
|7. AOCB M Ashworth read out a thank you note received from the retiring Chair, Mrs V Salvage.|
|8. Close/date and time of next meeting Monday 20th November 2023 at 7.00/7.30 pm. M Ashworth thanked everyone for their attendance and brought the meeting to a close.|