Minutes of ordinary meeting of St Monans and Abercrombie Community Council held on Monday 17th January 2011 at 7.30pm in Mayview Hotel function Suite.
A.Anderson G.Brown R.Craib V.Salvage
W.Buchan M.Ashworth P.Copland E.Scott
Cllr Macgregor Cllr Scott Hayward
There were 5 members of the public present.
1.Welcome and Apologies
A.Anderson opened the meeting.
There were apologies from T.Hughes, E.Hughes,V.Bland and Cllr Riches
2. N.E Fife Dementia Advisor.
Ann Little presented a very interesting and informative talk on the work she does in the area helping to raise awareness of the issues surrounding dementia and arranging support to both sufferers and carers. An information café is soon to open in Crail.
The CC are keen to liaise with Ann to help advertise available support with use of our website, newsletter and Loaves and Fishes. Ann hopes to be able to attend the Senior Citizens tea in February to offer advice to anyone who may wish to speak to her.
An application for a house extension to 30 Westend extending into the plot at 34 Westend has been made. Although the plans appear not to impinge on the view or access to the right of way, concerns were expressed about the potential addition at a later stage of a further, higher, build. Consequently, the CC will express these concerns to planning.
4. Last Minutes and Matters Arising
4.1 ( 2) The last minutes should have included that a montage of photos of possible wind turbine sites was shown and discussed.
4.2(4.1) Public Toilets. No information has been forthcoming from any Fife Council officer on the future of the toilets. If no communication is received after cllr intervention R.Craib will write to Chief Executive.
4.2( 9.2) The wall has now partially collapsed. The CC arranged for protective barriers to be erected. Repairs are now being addressed by the relevant owners.
4.3 (4.7) It has been suggested that an engineer should accompany Ann Marie Dewar of Scottish Water to a meeting to discuss all water leaks in the village.
5. Chairperson Report
A.Anderson reminded people about the Burns Supper on Saturday 29th January and Senior Citizens’ Tea on Saturday 5th February and hoped that they would be well supported by residents. Anyone requiring transport for the Senior Citizens’ Tea please contact a member of CC.
Nothing was spent last month. Two outstanding bills: £6.50 for Heritage Museum and £200- £300 for Floral display. We have had confirmation that we will receive £500 for 2011 from Floral Display grant. The Community grant is about to be applied for.
7. Secretary Report
Nothing to report.
8. Public Questions
It was reported that small stones have been left on grass areas after snow melt. It was felt that this will be eventually cleared once the winter has passed.
9.1 NE Fife CC Forum Report.
G.Brown and R.Craib attended for St Monans. ENLEN, having reached the end of its current funding, will rebid for next year with a different slant to try to help secure funding.
Renewable Energy. It was suggested that a back- up plan of a joint East Neuk wind farm would be looked into, although one or two village feasibility studies are ongoing, including St Monans. With reference to the St Monans site, A.Anderson explained that concerns from Balcaskie have now been resolved but again stressed that a public consultation will be held as soon as the feasibility study is received.
Concerns about the future of Ladywalk were discussed at the Forum.
Cllrs Macgregor and Scott Hayward both (at St Monans CC) stated that we should not be alarmed at the shutting of the home but that several options will be considered following the consultation.
9.2 A letter has been received from Fife Council confirming that the area of open ground at the top of Forth Street has been accepted as Common Good land.
9.3 It was reported that FC workers had refused to clear an iced up drain which had become very dangerous for walking on because it was not on their list of jobs. Cllr Macgregor to follow up on this type of unhelpful attitude.
9.4 P.Copland reported that there is soon to be a site visit to Abercrombie to assess the problem of speeding traffic.
9.5 There is soon to be a meeting to discuss the possible development of St Monans Harbour.
9.6 It is hoped that, now that Millers shed has gone, boundary repairs will be arranged by Mr Meldrum, under the lease agreement. No date has yet been set for this.
9.7 After weather- related delays, the drain to help resolve the problem to the east of Rose Street should be inserted shortly.
9.8 A meeting is soon to take place to try to resolve the outstanding issues with the football pavilion.
10.Close and Date of Next Meeting
A.Anderson thanked everyone and closed the meeting.
The next meeting will be at 7.30pm on Monday 21st February 2011 in Mayview Hotel Function Suite.
All members of the public welcome.