Minutes of ordinary meeting of St Monans and Abercrombie Community Council on
Monday 21st June 2010 at 7.30pm in Mayview Hotel Function Suite.
R.Craib A.Anderson G.Brown V.Bland
E.Scott V.Salvage E.Hughes T.Hughes
M.Ashworth W.Buchan Cllr Macgregor
There were 10 members of the public present.
1) Welcome and Apologies
A.Anderson opened the meeting.
There were apologies from Cllr Riches, Cllr Scott Hayward and Lorna Robertson.
2) Last Minutes and Matters Arising
2(2) Harbour Feasibilty Study. A meeting was held, attended by T.Hughes, G.Brown, W.Buchan. R Craib, members of Harbour Users Group, Cllr Macgregor and representatives from Scott Wilson, planning consultants where the whole subject of possible harbour development was discussed in detail. Subsequently, Scott Wilson have resubmitted several possible options. The Harbour Users group, along with T.Hughes are to contact the planning consultants to largely agree with one option (A), suggesting two pontoon arms being inserted in West basin with the added suggestion of building up the slipway to provide additional area for development on the pier.
2.1(3.1) Caravan in Miller Terr – under investigation.
2.2(3.2) Toby Covers – one on pavement has been fixed. Others on a list to be done.
2.3(3.4) R.Craib, V.Salvage and W.Brown met with Cllr Vettraino about condition of street cleaning in St Monans. He agreed that standards were poor and was to investigate. Situation now appears to have improved greatly. Cllr Vettraino returning to assess on Monday 28th June. R.Craib to report any further concerns to Fiona Mitchell who is collating complaints from East Neuk. We will also write to FC to acknowledge the improvements.
2.4(3.5)Signs reported. Some already attended to.
2.5(3.6) Post now sorted.
2.51 (4.2) A meeting took place on Monday 21st June with Scottish Water and Fife Council, attended by local cllrs and T.Hughes.Tests are to be carried out on water quality and whether there could be a burst in Miller Terrace. FC to try to put plastic pipes at the foot of the steps.
2.6(4.4) Community Council expressed its sincere thanks to Craig and Duncan McCormack for repairing the bridge at the church in time for Sea Queen Day covering all costs themselves.
2.7(5.4) A site visit will take place at 34 West End on Tuesday 22nd June prior to the appeal hearing for planning application.
2.8(9.4) Pavement renewal has now begun.
2.9( 9.6) Norman Hall has painted the mine.
3 Chairperson’s Report
A.Anderson congratulated the Sea Queen Committee on organising such an excellent day, with appreciation for the amount of work required to achieve the success.
He also congratulated Win Brown on becoming a worthy recipient of this year’s James Braid Quaich with all the work she has done for the village, but particularly in her recent efforts for Beautiful Fife awards.
Renewable Energy Project- awaiting return of tenders for feasibility study which are due back by June 28th.
Elm Grove- road now completed.
Police Update – They have been made aware of scooter being driven with young child on back. Miller’s Shed at back of Virgin Square has now been secured to prevent people entering.
Actions are being taken on illegal parking and speeding at shop in Station Road and the surrounding area.
Boatshed- legal proceedings have been started to help speed up the removal process.
Planted boat at entrance to St Monans. Thanks to Ian Marr for donation of boat, Twin Landscapes for help in positioning and Tom Hughes for paint.
4 Youth Initiatives
A.Anderson opened discussions on possible initiatives to involve the youth of the village in local affairs.
He will contact Ian Hughes at Waid about possible representation from upper school pupils from St Monans at CC meetings.
He suggested that a questionnaire could go out to young people on village matters.
Development of the St Ayles skiff project may encourage youth involvement.
G.Bell mentioned that Harbour Users Group has a “cadet” section and is keen to encourage young people to get involved in sailing.
5 Secretary Report
5.1 Notification of a centralisation of Mail System for planning. All planning correspondence will now go via Kirkcaldy.
5.2 Street Lighting problems were due to switchgear being changed at Hope Place. Work now completed.
5.3 Kingdom Housing’s application for housing development at Netherton Industrial Estate has been continued to allow for further information on separation of industrial units and possible houses to be brought forward.
5.4 Review of Common Good Assets. Map to be scrutinised before next meeting.
5.5 Improving Fife’s Roads leaflets.
5.6 Review of Scheme for Community Councils.
6 Treasurer’s Report
No major change to funds.
Donations for floral display are very encouraging and still coming in.
7 Public Questions
7.1 Cemetery. Concerns raised about weeds, planks left behind War Memorial and
mess beside shed. R.Craib to contact Bereavement Services.
7.2 Concerns raised about several untidy gardens in village. G.Brown suggested
possible ” Adopt a Garden” scheme. Cllr Macgregor to find out if this would be
7.3 Complaints about condition of surface in Queen Margaret Street garages. Cllr
Macgregor to follow up.
7.4 Park at Mair. It was felt that there is not enough play equipment for smaller
children. CC will consider an application to locality budget and Common Good
Fund after investigating costs involved.
7.5 Pot holes in Hope Place . R.Craib to report.
7.6 Home Shoppers Service. Concern again raised about how elderly or disabled
residents currently benefiting from this service will be helped when it is cut.
Particular concern about how pension money will be collected. Cllr Macgregor to
7.7 Bus shelter across from caravan park in need of repair. R.Craib to report.
9 Close and Date of Next Meeting
A.Anderson thanked everyone and closed meeting.
Next meeting will be on Monday 16th August 2010 at 7.30pm in Mayview Hotel
All members of public welcome.