Minutes of ordinary meeting of St Monans and Abercrombie
Community Council held on Monday 20th June 2011 at 7.30pm in Mayview
Hotel Function Suite.
A.Anderson R.Craib G.Brown W.Buchan
E.Hughes T.Hughes V.Salvage M.Ashworth
P.Copland Cllr Macgregor
There were no
members of the public present.
1 Welcome and Apologies
opened the meeting.
apologies from V.Bland and Cllr Scott Hayward
2.Last Minutes and Matters Arising
T.Hughes and G.Bell had spoken with John Oakes about possible harbour
regeneration. Mr Oakes is currently finding out about funding possibilities.
R.Craib and V.Salvage will be meeting on Saturday 25th June with
Sean Kenyon and Cllr Ross Vettraino to discuss street cleaning issues and
progress of refurbishment of public toilets.
2.3 ( 2.4)
R.Craib has been in regular communication with Liz Murphy of Bereavement
Services about various issues in the cemetery. She is going to organise the
removal of the shed and Property Services have been to measure up for a fence
to surround the soil dump. She is also going to investigate possible repairs to
sinking graves. This work is normally carried out in the winter to avoid new
turfs drying out, but particularly bad areas could be repaired sooner. R.Craib
expressed her appreciation for the helpfulness from Liz Murphy in her responses
to issues brought to her attention.
work has been carried out to the surface in Queen Margaret Garages ( south end)
2.5 From older
minutes, Heritage Collection items which had been stored in WRVS premises in
Station Road, have now been transferred temporarily to the Preservation Society
premises. They will be sorted through before longer- term accommodation is found.
M.Ashworth reported that she believes discussions have been ongoing re road
problems in the Abercrombie area between police and FC.
Progress seems to be now being made over correcting snags in pavilion and an annual
rent of £200 for premises has been agreed.
E.Hughes reported that the drainage work at end of Rose Street is continuing
but very slowly. Cllr Macgregor to enquire about progress.
Council agreed to give a donation of £300 to this year’s Community Arts
A.Anderson commented on the success of this
year’s Sea Queen Day, despite the inclement weather and thanked all those
involved for their hard work before and during the event.
2 breaches of
the peace. Both detected.
2 assaults. 1
Speed sign has
now been installed at start of village. Camera van will visit in June.
received about the Community Space Fund from the Big Lotto. It would appear
that we are not eligible to apply in St Monans but Cllr Macgregor to ask for
issued. The CC is financially in good order at present.
for building houses behind the Industrial Estate has been refused.
to erect a carport at 5A Braehead has been made. No plans available on line as
yet. Once plans can be viewed CC will discuss further.
Cllr Macgregor to enquire if the planning website could be updated more
on progress to remove rubble from harbour slip were asked. Cllr Macgregor to
M. Gibson and
J.Macrae about progress on removal.
were raised about the condition of the wall between Station Road and Braehead
where cracks have reappeared and
stonework is falling out. R.Craib to contact G.Mietzis re health and safety
informed CC that CAREL loan has been approved for the purchase of the anemometer
to test wind power on possible wind turbine site. The application will now be
forwarded to the Scottish Government.
wrote to CC to ask if the CC would decide on whether we would run another
planted container competition as well as ,perhaps, a best visible garden
competition. CC agreed that this was a good idea. All gardens/containers would
be automatically entered.
It was also
suggested that there could be a best back/hidden garden competition which would
require an application form to be completed. This was also agreed on. V.Salvage
to contact W.Brown on publicity.
given on boat and tub planting in village. Help is still needed for maintenance
of certain areas and street tidying in the week running up to judging in July.
Some names were passed to Win but further offers of help would be appreciated.
9.Close and Date of Next Meeting
thanked everyone and closed the meeting.
meeting will be at 7.30pm on Monday 15th August in Mayview Hotel Function Suite.
All members of
the public welcome.