Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Burgh of St Monans and Abercrombie Community Council held on Monday, 16 March 2015 at 7.30 pm.
|A.Anderson||G Brown (Treasurer)||R Craib (Secretary)|
Cllr D Macgregor
P.Peddie V.Salvage Cllr E Riches
Members of the public: 13
|Action / Person Responsible|
|1.Welcome and Apologies
Apologies: S.Tarvet,P.Shafren and E.Porteous
|2.Declarations of Interest
|3. Plan P project ( IRIS) – Vivien Moffat
The project is looking at ways to prevent isolation and loneliness amongst the elderly in the community.
This can make people more prone to illness and stress. The team have been working with tenants in Abercrombie Court and are looking at what is available in the area. The project will last for one year but will hopefully be sustainable. Any suggestions for existing or new groups welcome. One suggestion made was to link with primary and/or secondary school pupils.
4. Post Office Consultation
The Community Council, as well as any members of the public, are being asked to submit comments about the proposal to move the PO to the Spar shop when Peter Marr retires this Easter.
Before discussion, the Chair acknowledged all the service that Peter had given to St Monans and wished him a long and healthy retirement.
There were some concerns expressed about the move to Spar including the design of the shop, privacy when conducting financial affairs, enough staffing to efficiently carry out both sides of the business and ensuring that there was a counter suitable for wheelchair access.
However, it was also pointed out that it was important for the village to retain a PO.
A.Anderson will submit a consultation response from the CC including comments made by the public but residents are also encouraged to do so.
Comments can be sent to the PO as follows:
Email : postofficeviews.co.uk
Customer Helpline: 08457 22 33 44
Freepost Post Office Ltd
5. Last Minutes and Matters Arising
5.1 ( 3.2) Waste Bins in George Terrace. After some discussion it was agreed that R.Craib would contact Waste Aware to ask if the smaller individual bins are being used regularly as perhaps the parking restriction would not need to extend to this area.
A delay will be made on asking for the new white parking marks whilst this is being investigated.
5.2(3.4) V.Salvage will ask for a price from Westport Printers for stickers to be added to FC notices to indicate where nearest bins are for dog owners.
5.3(3.5) No reply as yet from Damien Woods. Cllrs will follow up if no word soon.
5.4(3.91) Common Good Money has been awarded but no action as yet.
5.5(8.1) The footpath was investigated on 5th March and it is acknowledged that it needs widened. However, whilst now being on the list, there could be a delay due to shortage of funds. P. Copland to get back to Ross Walker stating Health and Safety Wheelchair access violation.
5.6(8.3) No response yet on road signs.
5.7(8.2) A meeting will be held soon with parties from both sides to be invited.
5.8(8.4) A letter is to be sent to the occupant about hedge requiring pruning.
5.9(9.3) Scottish Water have said that they will send out an engineer if there are more complaints about the flooding issues at the end of Rose Street. Anyone with a problem is encouraged to make a complaint and contact Cllr John Docherty.
6 Chairperson’s Report
7. Secretary’s Report
Information received that the move of the Police Control Room from Glenrothes to Edinburgh will start on Tuesday 17th March 2015
8. Treasurer’s Report
9.1 2 West Shore – no objection
9.2 East Pier Smokehouse – no objection
9.3 Waterside Cottage. It has transpired that the original planning application stated that there would be no change to the roof height. Based on this information the CC did not object to the planning application.
It is obvious as the building progresses that the roof is higher. However, it appears that the measurements on the original plan do give the present height. This anomaly was not picked up by the planning department and consequently passed.
Planning are currently saying that the decision cannot be reversed but the CC , backed by our local Cllrs and including comments from local residents, have asked G. Brown to send a letter stating our concerns to the head of planning.
10. Public Questions
10.1 It was reported that a garage at the lock ups at the end of Queen Margaret Street is in disrepair and could damage other garages. P.Peddie to contact housing.
10.2 Cemetery gate on fenced area is broken. A. Anderson to report
10.3 V.Salvage to contact about mole problems
10.4 Report of parking on the pavement at the corner of Station Road and Inverie Street. This is illegal. It can be reported to email@example.com or telephone 03451 555555 ext 444426.
11.1 W. Buchan reported a lamppost at the Inverie Street is broken. Everyone was reminded that every lamppost has a number and contact detail to report problems.
11.2 Following a meeting with Cllr Riches and Colin Stirling, M Ashworth reported that new signage will be put up on Abercrombie/ Pittenweem road to hopefully prevent accidents.
11.3 The CC and members of the public present were able to view new village information boards. A 4th board will replace the picnic site board near the salt pans. Ideas for content are being sought. Please contact a member if CC if you have ideas.
11.4 V.Bland reported that some boats on the East Harbour slipway are rotting. It was suggested that he contact Moir Gibson.
11.5 There is an offer of trees from the Woodland Trust. Suggestions of where they could be planted should go to Bill Porteous of the “ Beautiful St Monans “ group.
11.6 G.Brown to contact Archie Melville about possibility of new projects for the Community Payback team in St Monans.
12. Close and date of next meeting
A.Anderson closed the meeting.
The next meeting will be on Monday 20th April 2015 at 7.30pm in the Mayview Hotel Function Suite.